Sunday

Articulating Hairdryer Arm

065/365

Inspired by my aunt asking me to invent something to hold her hairdryer while she used both hands on her hair. This articulating arm clamps the hairdryer on one end and plugs into an Edison outlet for mounting on the other. The arm is fully adjustable with knuckles at the base, middle and clamp. The plug plugs through the mounting base and the arm is spring loaded for simple manipulation. The knuckles are tight enough to hold any standard hairdryer yet loose enough to be moved fluidly.


The original socket cover would have to be replaced with a custom plate manufactured with a quick lock/release mechanism in the center. This would allow the arm to be disconnected to be stored. The base of the arm should to be attached to the top of the plate so the rest of the plate can carry the torsional load of the arm and the hairdryer. 



3 comments:

addibec said...

I love this idea! I'd totally go for it, though I fear that it would be a pain to install, no? It's a great idea, though. I'd buy one!

Donald Meteny said...

I'm sketching the mount right now. The question is, would you leave it on permanently or want to remove the contraption while it's not in use. I guess that depends on how often an individual uses a hair dryer. I going for a socket cover replacement that has a quick lock/release in the middle. Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

This is incredible, I need one yesterday...when is this going to be available for sale?