Saturday

Teach Me to Paint

009/365

A thing that I have never been able to do is to draw or paint. I'm not artistic and I won't be until I start actually drawing and painting. Something that could help me along is an app that allows me to draw and paint over another picture.

Take an image that reflects something you want to learn how to draw or embodies some type of image you wish to be more proficient at painting. Place a "layer" over that image and allow the user to paint on that layer. The layer will be transparant except for where the user has painted. This will allow the user to make the physical movements with their hands while giving him feedback with their eyes. This will make him or her a better artist. This gives the user experience where they would not have gotten it before.

Obviously, this would work best with a pad-like touchscreen device.


No comments: