Friday

Visa payWave Scam Prevention

064/365

There are rumors of Visa's payWave being susceptible to identity theft. The robber simply uses a mobile RFID reader to scan for important info then uses it to charge the cardholder's account. I feel like this might be a problem in the future so I've invented a solution before it become actually becomes a widespread problem.

When I bought my EZ Pass it came with a nifty plastic-ish bag that a user could store the unit in when not in use. This bag is also used to prevent the unit from reflecting frequency so the user could pay with cash if they so desired. My invention takes this material and lines it in a wallet. This way a RFID transaction can only take place when the card is outside the wallet making identity theft a little harder.

Since RFID is expected to flood our lives in the future I think starting with a wallet, since the problem exists now, then expand into other accessories when other gadgets become equipped with RFID is a good way to break into and be first to market.

No comments: