Monday

RFID: The Trash Receptacle Paradox

007/365

With RFID on the horizon I keep hearing about how cool it will be when your refrigerator is aware of what is inside of it.

Yeah, that's a great idea but can we think of something else RFID can be used for around the house? How about RFID Trash Receptacles because I sometimes forget if I've misplaced something or have thrown it away. Or what about an RFID clothing system that aggregates clean matching outfits (could be the future of Eric's first post 001/365 "Does this make me look fat?")?

I guess the original task of RFID was tracking inventory so we haven't yet looked into what else it can do.

Can an active RFID signal be repeated over long distances? Can it be copied? Can RFID be constantly pinged?

I'd love to see the day when RFID in humans is commonplace and our devices will only be operated by those individuals with the proper RFID signature.

I'm interested to know that when everything human and machine has an RFID tag and a receiver is that the point when computers become aware? If your trash receptacle know when you're near and when you're away will it miss you?

This needs revised.

No comments: