Thursday

Transportable Protein Powder

031/365

Traditionally whey powder, used by bodybuilders (and guys who think they're bodybuilders), is packaged in a large barrel. Most of the time these barrels are much bigger than they need to be possibly a marketing strategy to simulate the Napoleon complex in all of us. But this approach to packaging is not conducive to the traveling man (not to be misogynistic but I don't know too many women running to GNC to pick up weight gainer).

Here's a quick explanation and rationale behind whey protein: It's used to increase caloric intake. This cheese by-product is high in protein therefor a suitable meal replacement or supplement for gaining weight. The manner in which the powder is consumed is simple, measure appropriate serving and mix with liquid usually milk, water or soy/almond milk then drink.

So now I've bought into the marketing and I have this giant vat of cheese by-product sitting on my countertop. It stares me in the face, giving me the same feeling the great French Emperor had right before the Battle of Waterloo. But here inlies the problem, this is really the only place I can make it because it's jumbo container isn't easily carried. I imagine putting the powder in a ziplock baggie would work but it's time consuming and messy.

I propose to the manufactures of this commodity to either make a sling to carry the mega container or produce individually packaged servings that are easily transported. Rip, mix and sip. This product would be ideal for people that travel or need a meal replacement while not at home but the perfect consumer for this is the bodybuilders who require this product immediately after their workout.

No comments: