Thursday

Run iOS on PC/Mac

020/365

Imagine a virtual machine that mimics the iPhone/iPod/iPad OS of Android so anyone could download apps and use them on a PC or Mac. This VM could be a more streamlined (less functional) operating system but allow the app market to be opened up to more devices. This would be the first step toward complete app world domination.

Doing this would attract users without an iPhone/iPod/iPad and they'd increase app usage and purchase from the App Store. For instance, say a person without an iPhone/iPod/iPad wants to play Words for Free with Friends, they can't do it! That is, unless of course, they can download a virtual machine that allows them to do so. I'm sure Apple's reasoning has something to do with forcing users to purchase these devices but I believe in the future they command a large portion of the market they will implement this widget.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thought of this last night. Googled it this morning. Working on how to make it work. So yes, It's a good idea..

Donald Meteny said...

That's great! We get a lot of search engine traffic from this particular idea. If you start sharing your progress please let us know so we can post the url as an update.

dannyglix said...

iemulator.com iPhoneBT ..NO$GBAt

Jabel Gonzalez said...

Count me in!
Now I'm waiting for this App.
I want to run iOS apps on my PC! :D
Dreaming is free... hope this can come true.

Anonymous said...

Why is this necessary when developers are already bringing their applications to pc's anyway?

I like the way you think!
But it's simply not needed...
I play Angry Birds on my PC from time to time, and other apps are coming out daily...