Sunday

Growl Web Apps Notifications

027/365

Growl the notification system for Mac OS X that allows applications that support Growl to send you notifications should invest some time in developing an API from web apps.

Growl for web apps would send a notification to your mobile device informing you of an update, message, email, ect. I'm not sure how this could be developed possibly to add a badge to a web app on the iPhone home page or a stand along app that notifies the user when any of their web apps are updated.

For example, when using the gmail web app on my iPhone it does not alert me audibly of visually so I must remember to check it thought out the day. That makes the web app practically pointless. The same goes of any of my web apps. This seems to be an important step in transitioning to the web 2.0 structure. If Apple's not going to implement it in iSO then someone else should. *cough* Growl *cough*

No comments: